YB Dato Sri Ismail Sabri Bin Yaakob and Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah had just announced the tightened SOPs for MCO 3.0 which will take effect from 25th May 2021. The much-anticipated press conference had the public on the edge since they released a statement from the Prime Minister’s office that the tightened SOPs will be announced today at 6pm.
Ismail Sabri said that this move is essential to stop the spread of the already alarming new cases and ease the heavily overloaded medical system. The government will increase enforcement agents and also roadblocks all around the nation. The public is advised to stay at home unless for essential matters.
He said that they have 2 strategies to implement: to reduce the number of working staff for government & private sectors and reduce the economic sector’s operation hours.
Here’s the breakdown
- 80% of government workers to work from home.
- 40% of private sectors workers to work from home.
- Restaurants, coffeeshops, foodstalls, food trucks, hawkers, kiosks, takeaways, drivethrus, delivery, grocery stores, supermarkets, shopping malls, convenience stores, night markets, laundry, petshops, petrol stations can only operate from 8am – 8pm
- Hospitals, clinics & petrol stations at highways are allowed to operate 24 hours.
- Pharmacies 8am – 10pm
- Night markets 4pm – 8pm
- Increased enforcement and roadblocks.
- Interdistrict and Interstate travel remains forbidden.
All other SOPs mentioned for MCO 3.0 remains. We believe a detailed SOP list will be published soon by MKN.
Stay safe and please stay at home as much as possible to help us fight against this increasing wave of new cases.