Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has now announced a relaxation of the SOP for people who have received both doses of their Covid-19 immunisation.
He began by stating that he introduced the PPN in June 15, which is a plan drawn from statistics and research to help the nation return to normalcy. In barely two months, six states have reached Phase 2 of the PPN, with some even progressing to Phase 3, suggesting that the PPN is performing as intended.
However, he hoped that the rakyat would continue to follow the SOPs despite the fact that new variants, such as the Delta variant, appeared to be impacting more individuals.
He also stated that the more individuals who are vaccinated, the greater protection they will receive; as a result, more economic sectors will be permitted to open. The administration has also dramatically raised the rate of vaccination in the country, with daily vaccinations recently exceeding 400,000 doses.
Defined below are the fully vaccinated individuals:
- Double-dose vaccines such as Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Sinovac: 14 days after second-dose vaccination
- Single-dose vaccines such as Johnson & Johnson & CanSino: 28 days after vaccination
He then announced the SOP relaxation for fully vaccinated individuals, which would apply to all phases of PPN. Here’s a summary:
- Malaysian nationals and PR residents who return to Malaysia from other countries are permitted to undertake home-quarantine.
- PJJ (pasangan jarak jauh), or long-distance husband and wife, are permitted to travel across districts and states to meet each other.
- Parents are permitted to travel across districts and states to meet children under the age of 18.
- As with other religions, only limited mosque prayers are permitted with tight SOPs.
In Phase 2 and thereafter, fully vaccinated citizens can:
- Cross-district is permitted as long as the digital certificate is present.
- Dine-in is permitted if the digital certificate is presented.
- Sports such as jogging, cycling, trekking, fishing, badminton, golf, and others are permitted.
- Tourism inside the same state is permitted, with the ability to operate a homestay and a hotel.
- The aforementioned changes will go into effect on Tuesday, August 10, 2021. MKN will provide further details in the future.